Saturday, February 4, 2012

Books!

Hi Friends! 
My blog posts are few and far between now a days. Russ is keeping busy with student teaching and I am keeping busy with teaching and my Mary Kay business. We have been busy in an exciting way. We both had a nice 3 day week end together. We spent time with friends today and had an amazing Country Italian dinner. We've been on a book splurge lately with cook books... Christian fiction... and a wonderful Joyce Meyer book. She is a wonderful woman of God, and I feel like she is a lot like me just from reading one little paragraph. God is using Ken Davis and Joyce Meyer... well, and among many other people who have been telling me this for a couple years now to.... LIGHTEN UP! We are not meant to have guilt in our lives and it seems like that is normal... you're not normal if you don't have the guilt... NOT TRUE!!! I read a chapter of her book and then I indulged in a novel (the whole time reading I was drinking sweet tea, while Russ worked on his Sudoko...) Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. The prologue is 44 pages long... longest prologue I've ever heard of! 
The best thing about this was it was the first time since... well.... the first time that we just sat down in our living room with no tv... no distracting sounds... other than our oblivious-to-their-noise-level-neighbors and read or worked on a puzzle. Our apartment has become quite the little home. We got a hold of a couch that was about to go on the curb, from a friend who moved out of his apartment. We put a slip cover on it, added a couple pillows and it fits nicely in our living room. 
It is approaching 12:30... I should go to bed... yeah... 
Just thought I would post a little something. Not very exciting... but it's something. Hopefully I will have more insightful words later. 

God Bless, 
R&J

No comments:

Post a Comment